Signarama Troy supports the Yellow Ribbon Fund!
In 2005, the father of an injured Marine introduced some local businessmen to staff members at the busiest military hospitals in Washington, DC. That very day, as they were learning which needs were not being meet, they had a chance to help a stressed-out mother.
She was far from home after rushing to be by the side of her son, who’d been wounded and medevaced out of the combat zone. She had nowhere to stay, so they made a reservation for her at a nearby hotel and paid for it. Then they found out that the hotel shuttle wasn’t available at the odd hours when she needed to get to and from the hospital. So they got her a rental car and paid for that, too. Having seen the need firsthand, those businessmen joined with others to launch the Yellow Ribbon Fund.
Founded to serve the injured coming back from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, YRF also recognized the importance of keeping the family together during the critical recuperation phase. The first programs provided free hotel rooms and apartments for visiting family members, free rental cars, and free cab rides to just about anywhere in the Washington, DC, area. They’re still among YRF’s most popular services.
The Yellow Ribbon Fund provides:
- Free hotel stays, rental cars, and cab rides for visiting family members.
- Free apartments to keep families together during months or years of outpatient treatment.
- Family caregiver support — we’re one of the only service organizations to offer childcare and family-oriented activities, plus stress-relieving massages, spa visits, dinners out, and more.
- Social events and outings to cultural and sporting events that build confidence and offer relief from the grueling rigors of recovery.
- Innovative mentoring that helps injured service members build new lives through education and career guidance.
- Ongoing support after injured service members leave the hospital and return home, to ensure no one falls through the gaps.
- Pro bono legal services when injured service members need an advocate to stand up for them.
Becky Hill from Signarama Troy supports the Yellow Ribbon Fund each year by helping the local chapter of the organization with signage needs for their annual golf fundraiser! This year she and Bianca Iacopelli had the pleasure of joining the soldiers and volunteers for dinner at Great Oaks Country Club in Rochester, MI.
When Lauren Sherwood walked into SIGNARAMA Troy, we knew right away how important her project was about to be. Lauren needed a large scale seating chart for her wedding that was only three days away. Little did she know that our dedicated team was willing to do whatever it took to cap off the final tweaks of her already beautifully planned wedding. With an elegant predesigned crest displayed proudly in the center of the chart, we were able to achieve exactly what she was looking for in a timely manner. We were thrilled to watch Lauren’s face light up as she viewed the finished product placed inside her white frame.
This project was a definite first for me, being the new graphic designer at SIGNARAMA. I’ve been designing many different signs from golf outings to large scale channel letters, but never a wedding seating chart board! We love the way customers are continually presenting us with new and exciting projects each and every day. Even if you aren’t sure exactly what the look your going for is, we are always here to help.
According to weddinglovely.com, here are a few tips to consider when putting together your wedding seating chart:
- You don’t HAVE to put cliques together. Putting different groups together is a great way for your guests to meet one another and branch out. They’ll only be seated for the meal, so don’t think of it as segregating them from your other friends/family. They can meet up on the dance floor!
- Speaking of the dance floor. Sit those people next to it who are likely to actually get up and dance! As soon as the music turns up, they’ll be the first out of their chairs. Or, you could look even at it the opposite way and put people least likely to dance by the dance floor in hopes of getting them out there!
- Spread out the socialites! If you have any friends that can talk to a brick wall, put them at separate tables to help be a conversation starter. This is huge and will help any tables from feeling a bit awkward and will keep table conversation lively!
- Put children together. If you have kids at your reception, consider pairing the families up for dinner. Maybe they can share crayons, and the parents can share stories. If you have room, you could also do a children’s table with parents nearby.
- Make sure your vendors have a seat! They’ve all been working hard and deserve a place to sit down and enjoy a bite to eat. Well fed vendors will be eager to please you!
Come to SIGNARAMA Troy and allow us to produce your beautiful seating chart for an affordable cost and make all of your wedding dreams come true!
Spring is the season for full color graphics and why not make the most of your yard signs in Detroit with stand out full color printing! Here at SIGNARAMA we can make all your dreams possible with full color yard signs. We can print any multiple colors under the rainbow! We are the experts for full color yard signs in Metro Detroit!
With our top of the line printer and highly qualified staff, we design and print yard signs within two to three days. All you have to do is pick them up and start pushing them in the ground for your new business opportunities!
So stop in check out our flatbed printer and let’s get started! Our staff will give you all the pointers to help your full color yard signs stand out from the rest!
Great example of the speed and proficiency of our new flatbed printer here at Signarama. We received a rush order for 27 double sided, 18×24 coroplast signs for a golf outing. The order was printed and out the door within an hour!!! How’s that for turn-around time! Come in to see how we can help you!
We were happy to help our friends over at Fox2Detroit this morning for a rush installation of wall graphics to commemorate Bill Gallagher’s retirement. It is always good to get into the studio for another fun project and very exciting to see all the hustle and bustle of the news crew! The wall graphics were installed on the wall with one of Bill’s favorite quotes, and makes a great statement to everyone who sees it. If you are looking for any personal wall graphics for your home, or business… be sure to call Sign-A-Rama!
We’ve been busy here at Sign-A-Rama Metro Detroit making this giant 10 foot by 20 foot sign for a great real estate customer of ours CB Richard Ellis. It is now ready to be installed at Town Center in Southfield Michigan. Take a look if you’re in the area… you won’t miss it even if you try!
Show your school pride with an eye-catching wall mural! A large display of your school mascot, student project or any custom work will create a lively and enthusiastic environment for students, staff, and visitors alike. Make 2011 a vibrant and memorable year by contacting Sign-A-Rama Detroit about a custom mural at a competitive price!
We are thrilled to be working with the soon-to-be-opened Motor City Sports Bar on 21231 Mound Rd in Warren on a 3×13 foot illuminated building sign. We can’t wait to see how the eye-catching red vinyl letters (that light to orange) on silver aluminum will grab attention and garner business!