A-frame Sidewalk Signs
Sidewalk signs are one of the oldest and most effective types of portable signs used today.
Typically in an A-frame shape, a sidewalk sign is easy to move and relocate, and is only supported by its own frame. It is a very effective form of outdoor advertising for small businesses, especially in a high-traffic area or an area with higher levels of pedestrian traffic.
We have a few tricks up our sleeve when it comes to designing effective sidewalk signs…
Top Ten A-Frame Suggestions
- Keep the message and design simple. You have a limited amount of space to get your message across; don’t clutter it up with goofy pictures and repetitive information!
- You only have 2-3 seconds to catch your potential customers eye. Make your message POP!
- Use the top of the sign to get your main message across. “All You Can Eat Crab Legs” is better than “Dinner Specials!” See what we mean?
- Why is your business unique? Share it!
- You must be consistent! Changing your message often, and consistently, is the key to a good sidewalk sign. We have a great solution that comes with a complete alphabet set to customize your message as often as you like!
- 7 words or less… that’s all you need!
- Keep your sign clean! When you pair a straightforward message with a clean look, they will be rushing in your doors. Try it! Grab a towel and clean that puppy off!
- Don’t be greedy… a good community message is just as effective as your “sale of the week” message.
- Check with your local municipality. Each city has unique restrictions that could affect your advertising. (Watch out for Shelby Township!)
- Use images for greater impact! We often produce insert panels for A-frame signs we produced for our clients years ago. Simply inserting a new panel with a great photo is a spectacular way to increase your visibility and your return on investment for your sidewalk sign.
SIGNARAMA Metro Detroit produces many types of A-frame sidewalk signs. Give us a call today to discuss the options available. We are always happy to explain the differences between A-frame sidewalk signs, springer sidewalk signs, chalkboard sidewalk signs, plasticade signs and dry erase sidewalk signs. We know our stuff!