What is Digital Signage?
Digital signs are like having your own TV station to advertise to your customers inside your place of business.
Digital Signs are primarily used to communicate sales, promotions, and help up-sell customers on the establishments various products and services. They act as a modern day sales person. Consumers don’t mind watching a screen to learn about new products and promotions and in fact most find it quite enjoyable. They also serve to increase marketing compliance for many organizations such as banks and reduce printing costs.
Digital signs are not a TV or picture slide show. They are something far more unique that. Digital signs are referred to as Social Television most frequently. This newer form of media is a remote controlled distribution of media across a network of displays. It is most often found in high traffic areas with larger dwell times. You commonly see them at public venues or at point-of-purchase. Signarama Troy | Metro Detroit’s Digital Signage System can play most any file type and even do really cool things like integrate with live TV or live updates from your Facebook wall. If you can dream it, our talented staff of developers and designers can do it.
The only thing that matters is that it does the job it sets out to do. Here are a few numbers that may grab your attention and prove the effectiveness of digital signs.
An Arbitron study surveyed 1,400 shoppers about Digital Signs.
- 81% of shoppers remember the content.
- 40% of shoppers more likely to purchase.
- up to 700% sales lift on new item intros.
A National Restaurant Association study of Digital Menus revealed:
- 49.1% Lowered Costs on Menu Changes
- 47.2% Increased Customer Satisfaction
- 37.1% Increased Sales of Promotional Items
- 37.7% Improved Operational Efficiency
- 18.9% Increased Sales of High Margin Items
- 42.3% Recouped Their Investment Within 1 Year.
- 89.5% Recouped Their Investment Within 2 Years.
- 100% of Restaurants Saw a Sales Lift.